Thursday, September 27, 2012

Arboretum Adventures


Today was the first time I visited the arboretum, and I was surprised by the collection of plants and trees. Generally I love nature, whether it’s Alaska or Costa Rica, I always love seeing what the different areas have to offer. I just enjoy seeing the plants because not only are they pleasing to look at, but there is also such a distinction between the different plants and trees you can find in different areas. 

I can imagine myself visiting the Arboretum by myself or with friends. If its a really nice day out, that would be a really nice thing to do. Going there reminded me of a tradition I have with my family, which is going to the Botanic Garden in Washington DC every Christmas.

One thing that really surprised me was how many different species of trees and plants they had. Certain plants looked like they weren’t even physically able to grow there. But all in all, I really enjoyed going there as a nice field trip. Don’t get me wrong Ms. Squillante, I would’ve much rather have been in class.

2 comments:

  1. Chris,

    Glad you enjoyed.

    Your font is showing up very strangely, here. Makes it kind of difficult to read highlighted like that. I wonder if you can go in and fiddle with your settings to make it easier on the eye?

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some really great ideas in this post :P Im interested of what you thought about the "Botanic Gardens" you say you and your fmaily vsits every year! I am someone who has been stuck in State College my entire life so you gotta tell me more! :D I wanna know how other gardens are! And the humor at the end of your post was a great ending :P

    ReplyDelete