Friday, December 14, 2012

Big Sean




I went to the basketball ball pep rally about a month ago, where the men’s and woman’s team both came out. Their respective coaches introduced the teams, while the students cheered them on, followed by the rapper Big Sean. I originally went to the pep rally just to see the players and support the team, but when Big Sean came on it changed my opinion and I decided to stay.

No I’m not saying that Big Sean is some life-changing artist that I was enlightened when I saw him perform, but he was entertaining and it was a fun concert to go to.

Yes, this is was I’m doing my blogpost on because, although I’m ashamed to say, I haven’t done too many art related activities, and I know that Big Sean isn’t the epitome of art, but rapping is in a way a version of poetry, and I definitely consider poetry art. The messages that Big Sean talks about aren’t quite what you’d first think of when you think about poetry, but its poetry nonetheless.       

No comments:

Post a Comment